Friday, June 20, 2014

Used Running Shoe Donations

By Susan Farago, Trailhead Running Coach

The Austin area has several locations for donating used trail running shoes. Some places even provide a discount on your next shoe purchase!

Luke's Locker
115 Sandra Muraida Way, Suite 102, Austin, TX 78703
512-482-8676
Luke's offers a discount to those who turn in old shoes to be recycled only during earth week, coming up April 17 to April 24.
The discount will be $15 off your entire purchase.

Capital City Running
1700 Ranch Road 620 N Austin, TX 78734
512-266-1000
Feel free to drop off your retired footwear of all kinds at the shop anytime. All shoes are donated to the good folks at Mobile Loaves & Fishes.

Rogue Running
500 San Marcos Street Austin, TX 78702
512-493-0920
Rogue does NOT offer discounts for donated shoes but they do accept old-running-shoe donations and they donate them to a few organizations.

BIG Thanks to Charles Radi of Hill Country Trail Runners Club for this info (Apr 4, 2013).

4 comments:

  1. I really admire you intention to help those poor ones by donating running shoes. I would love to donate my used shoes as well. I'll contact you soon. Thank you!

    Anyways, I also found this website that also same as your advocacy
    http://www.boex.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate your idea.. This is something unique cause
    Get the best online running shoes for men at New Balance Sports based on your arch type, body type & running terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.
    Online Smart Watches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! Best Cheap Running Shoes Under $30 in 2018 Review

    ReplyDelete